Friday, September 10, 2010

Pumpkin with Pink

There are certain scents and tastes that just remind me of fall. One is definitely my mom's pumpkin cookies. Ever since I was born, she makes them every fall, but only in the fall. There's nothing better than when the house is filled with that perfect scent of pumpkin cookies baking, while Oprah is on and the fireplace is filling the room with heat. This is something I certainly will miss in college. 


Here's a yummy pumpkin cookie recipe. I definitely suggest this if you are going to some fall parties or if you need to make something in mass quantities. It's also easy to make and fast!








Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Ready in: 22 Minutes
Servings: 24

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup raisins

  • Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla then stir in the pumpkin puree. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well blended. Mix in raisins. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.



Good Luck! Happy Eating!

May the wind be with you,
The Sailor in Pink OoXx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love all things pumpkin! I'm going to have to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, I will have to try these! I love a new fall goodie to make. Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete