Sunday, October 31, 2010

Even Sailors Like to Spook

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone is having a great day filled with oodles of candy and cute costumes! I'll be on the water at a regatta all day, but plan to go trick or treating with my friends by the yacht club tonight. I'm dressing up in my dry suit, which is this big gray and red astronaut-style suit that is like a suction cup around your neck and wrists, has a huge sipper that makes you look like your shoulders are about four feet ling, and you wear black boots with it. So, I'm going as an astronaut! It'll certainly be tons of fun! Plus there's candy!

Every year, the seniors in our school dress up in tons of funny costumes and compete for the best costume. Let me tell you, it gets pretty crazy!

Some of my favorites in my past three years have been:

The Barbie Dolls
 This isn't the exact girls, but it was the cheerleaders, so it totally fit in with the stereotype. But they really did all look gorgeous and wore vintage white heals, different Barbie looks, and they looked perfect in their boxes! 
I know this is the actual picture of the mad hatter, but this is legit what the guy looked like! He even had yellow contacts in! Needless to say, he won best costume.
This year, a group did Avatar, which was hysterical! 

One group of about 8 guys did Ghost Busters and they had speakers walking around with them all day playing the song and they had the machines hooked up as vacume cleaners. So funny!

A few other ones were: 
Pocahontas and William Smith
There was this couple my freshman year that the girl was Asian but looked very Native American and her boyfriend was as pale as pale could be with bleach blonde light hair, so they were the perfect couple to do that.
President Obama and the Secret Service
We had this short guy who literally looked like President Obama in our school last year and  his very tall friends walked around all day in suits and the walkie talkie thing that goes to their ears. They kept him protected at all times, too. It was great!
Crayons
This group of kids dressed up in the crayon costumes but they made this huge crayon box and they all walked around in it all day!
Playboy
I know, this sounds so tacky, but they boys dressed up as the playboy bunnies and this tiny girl dressed up as Hough Hefner. The switch made it hysterical!
Tetris
This was the cleverest! Four guys made life size tetris pieces out of big refrigerator boxes and strapped them to themselves and walked the hallways blocking everyone because they had 3 inches on each side of them to fit through the hallway!

My friends and I have been planning our costume for years now!
So far, our ideas are:
Troll Dolls! I know, this picture looks weirdish, but its the only one I could find. But we will do the felted shirt troll dolls but make them into dresses.
Any guesses on this one? We have about 15 people we are trying to do this with. We are so excited! I'm hoping to be Hermione Granger or Dumbledore. Either way, this one could be super intense!

All of the old Nickelodeon cartoons! 

Which one is your favorite? And what are you dressing up as this year?

Happy Halloween!

May the wind be with you,
The Sailor in Pink OoXx 





No comments:

Post a Comment