Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Home Away from Boat: Charleston Real Estate

I love house hunting! I've moved a bunch of times in my life already and I love the feel of a new house. We are in the process of basically knocking down our front house and we have a small back house cottage that is 3 rooms right now and I love it! But it will definitely be nice to have some more space soon!

Beachy Mama and I love to look at houses in the South because Captain Dad and her plan to move down there and only live up here in the summer once Surfer Sister and I are off in college. One place I absolutely love is Charleston, South Carolina. In a Coastal Living magazine a few months ago, they had an add about a place in Charleston called Daniel Island. Here are some of the houses that are on the market right now that I love!
I think living in Charleston would be so amazing. I am looking at the College of Charleston for college and I really feel like that is the perfect place for me location wise because I'm a city girl and a beach girl, and it has both. Plus, it has a great sailing community, the weather is great, and there's Southern hospitality! Plus, its a preppy place to be! 

What's your take on Charleston? Have you heard anything about the college?

May the wind be with you,
The Sailor in Pink OoXx

4 comments:

  1. I love those houses! I've never been to Charleston, but it's def on my list!!

    Telia, NewlyWedWifeLife

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my close friends go to C of C and they love it!!! I love looking at houses too! And, an acquaintance from stl - their first daughter went to C of C then the family realized they loved Charleston and moved down there for good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Charleston a couple times and it's beautiful! My cousin just started his freshman year at College of Charleston and absolutely loves it! Definitely check it out, I've heard a lot of good things about it! Thanks for the sailing gear advice too!!! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would love Charleston... let me know if you have any questions about living here! :)

    Daniel Island is nice - it's like its own little, self sufficient mini-city tucked away on an island. Everyone drives golf carts around.

    ReplyDelete