Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sole Sailor: Sperry Top-Siders

So I'm sorta obsessed with shoes. It could be a problem...possibly. When I was coming up with all of my possible post topics, I knew I needed one for shoes. So here's my first of many shoe posts, all titled Sole (sole, not soul) Sailor.

Sailing is clearly a large aspect to my life, so its bound to be evident in my style. One thing is for sure, boat shoes don't necessarily mean only on the water. I a-dorrrrrre Sperry Top-Siders. They are the perfect shoe for basically anything thing. Here are my latest favorites,

These are the most basic boat shoes there are, but they are so easy to wear with anything! I wear these with anything from after sailing when I'm in comfy clothes to when I'm wearing flowy skirts and a casual top. They are also super duper comfortable!
I like these with skinny jeans because they have that look of a ballet flat to them and don't look too clunky. Like I've mentioned in the past, I'm petite, so if I wear skinny jeans, I need to make sure it doesn't look like I have duck feet. Since these are suede, I consider them a fall and winter shoe.

I know, these aren't boat shoe style, but they are Sperrys! I tried these on, but unfortunately, my size 4.5/5 foot were swimming in these size 6s. Hopefully I'll order them in a smaller size because they are so perfect for wearing to school when it is below freezing and I have to walk a few blocks to park my car (license soon!!!). I highly recommend these over the Ugg moccasins and they have a better look on your feet as well.
I've never had/seen anyone wear these but I think they would look cute with a flannel and even just jeans. They look like they would hold in heat pretty well too, which is perfect for a girl like me who is always chilly, even if it is hot out.
LOVE THESE! They bring such a preppy sailor look to any party dress. I didn't get these but I may get them to wear with a white sundress for a vacation we are going on. I like wedges because being only 16, wearing stilettos or pumps makes me feel like I'm older than my age, and personally, I enjoy being 16. Also, these are shoes that don't exactly go out of style, which makes them worth their dollar (which is on sale be tee dubs!)
There's something about these that I love. They remind me of a horse back rider shoe but that's partially why I love them! Also, they look easy to clean. These are perfect for fall, winter and early spring. You could wear these with anything from jeans and cords to winter skirts. Once again, LOVE THEM!
I figured I'd add my sailor shoes in on this, too. Once in a while I find myself on a bigger boat than just my little racing sailboats, so I have these for them. I love how they feel and the dashes of pink make it that much greater.
And how was I supposed to have a blog entry without something pink? These are precious! I know they are basic but they are just so pink and preppy, which is everything S.S. Prep stands for. I also like the tiny little bow. I want to get these just because I'll never run out of stuff to wear with these.


So, from one Sole Sailor to another, which shoes are your favorites?

May the wind be with you,
The Sailor in Pink
OoXx

2 comments:

  1. I wear the first ones pretty much every day.
    I love their sandals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh the first ones are practically my uniform! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete